Monday, July 9, 2012

keep calm and... love your grandparents!


The phrase "Keep Calm and Carry On" was first introduced in Britain during the second world war. It was on a poster, designed to raise the morale of the public in the case of invasion. The poster was little known, but rediscovered more recently and has been used for a number of sayings... the likes of which I am sure you have all stumbled upon on pinterest.

My cute grandparents are serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in England right now! This is the third mission of theirs for our church (my grandpa's fourth, counting when he was nineteen), so I haven't seen them for a long period of time in... a long period of time. (This has resulted in me becoming quite jealous of people who get to hang out with their grandparents frequently.) But, thanks to the internets and social networking, I can still keep in touch with them. They read my blog every day, and listen to my podcast, and read the dating blog, and I love this about them! I love that they care enough about me to stay involved in my life, even when they are across the world.

My grandma sent me this cute sign a couple months ago, and I am just now getting around to thanking her, which is horrible! But she knows my love for cupcakes, and thought of me when she saw it, which soothes my grandparent-less heart... ha ha. I am so incredibly thankful for my grandparents and the examples they set for me and the rest of our family! I will hang this on my wall all year long, and remember to keep calm! And eat a lot of cupcakes!

And in case you guys forgot... I'm going to England in August to visit them, which just gets my little heart racing quite a bit. First order of business? Platform 9 3/4. Second? Downton Abbey. (Yeah? Grandma? Sound good? :) )

p.s. well... now that vacations over, back to the old EFY grind. wish me luck! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like someone is a grandparent’s girl. Can’t blame you, though. Who wouldn’t want to be with grannies and gramps who spoil you with cupcakes and never get tired or even lose interest in what you do? I never met my grandparents, so I kind of envy those who have theirs in their life. Taneka @
    HealAtHomeCare.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep calm and love-Best for love and posters and source of keep clam. eepCalmSigns.com is a collection of the signs keep clam maker in the style of the iconic "keep calm and poster. Visit us and you can see keep clam love, wallpaper and keep clam picture

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...