Saturday, June 25, 2011

love comes back

Since it's been a while, here's an excerpt from my letter to my lovely friend Jenna Colvin.


Today I sang. I sang in front of the whole 400+ kids at EFY and the counselors too. I sang my heart out. I smiled. I forgot about being afraid. And it was oh, so good.

And just a reminder that, you know, I am somebody. I have potential to be great. And I’m just wasting my talents if I don’t get up there and sing… and from the scriptures we can see that wasting your talents is definitely frowned upon. So here goes trying to be so much better. I’m just filled with desire to be extraordinary!! So now, I should write down some goals I suppose. Make it happen. 

I love EFY a lot. A lot a lot. I feel like sometimes I get more out of it than the kids do. And basically this week I was just filled with the desire to be better! Starting with volunteering myself to sing in front of everyone and face my fear and listening to a great lesson on goal setting, and ending with being the best DJ at the Friday dance that anyone could have imagined. (ha ha... but really!) I tried to do the best I could, even though I felt shockingly inadequate to be a BC. And I think I learned a lot about myself this week. I have a lot that I can work on, but that doesn't mean I'm not doing my best right now. Who knew I could step up and be a leader? Here's to untapped potential...

p.s. my DJ rapper name is shor-t rose. don't forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...