Monday, August 27, 2012

school and glasses and just being a teacher

Now that I have finally finished documenting my fabulous trip, I guess I could update you all on life as of lately. Basically, I have moved back to Logan and I am now in school! Elementary School to be exact. I don't know if I ever really mentioned this... but waayyyyyy back when (like, april? may?) I decided to go out on a limb and interview for an internship position instead of just accepting my regular student teaching post. And lo and behold, I got hired! Nothing could have made me more nervous for the school year. This is a co-teaching internship, so I'm still with another teacher. But I signed up for a YEAR of teaching fourth grade, instead of just working through one semester. But I just thought, hey, this is what I want to do for my career anyway, so might as well stick out a whole school year!

Anyway, it truly has been a wonderful experience so far, and it has only been three days of school! The kids are hilarious, and the teacher is easy to work with. Today though, oh today, I had to go to a student teaching meeting. At first, this was an exciting concept. I drove to campus and parked by a bus stop, and then rode the bus up to the university. This was so great, because I haven't done it in forever and there were all of these cute little students rushing across sidewalks and into buildings and onto buses all dressed up in their first-day-of-school best and it was amazing! And then I got into the auditorium where my meeting was and it was all downhill from there. A little TOO informational if you get my drift. It just went on and on. Needless to say, I prefer elementary school.

And my final update is this. In England when I was riding a double decker bus (yep. try that sentence on for size!) all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in my eye, as if something had got into it. I ignored it and moved on with my day. But from then on, my eye was bloodshot, and I had to go without my contacts for some of the trip. (vanity won on most days when it came to the contact/glasses battle). Anyway, it hasn't gone away, and I have been diligent about only wearing my glasses to allow my eye to heal. But I put my contacts in for like, four hours on saturday, and my eye went red again. Life is so hard sometimes. So, glasses it is. And an eye doctors appointment, I'm thinking? Well, see ya later!

just me and my glasses.

p.s. i just need three more followers! you guys are awesome!

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...