Friday, August 31, 2012

two pictures from yesterday and conversations



Yesterday I went to the first football game up here, met up with my good friend Marie, and watched the sun set while our team annihilated the opponent. So. There was that.

In other news. Conversations from this week:

Little boy in 4th grade: Miss Newhouse! Please come here. I have something to show you. (Distressed face.)
Me: Ok, what's up?
LB: I found... this. in my desk. I don't know how it got there. It wasn't there before. (Tragically opens a piece of paper that says "I love you" on it.)
Me: Oh... wow!
LB: I feel gross.
Me: I'm so sorry this happened to you.

(Two boys got in a fight on the playground over a ball. They pushed each other. I had to talk to them about it.)
Me: Tell me what happened.
Boy 1: Well, I had caught the ball and he....
Boy 2: No, I had the ball..
Boy 1: He pushed me!
Boy 2: He broke my...
Boy 1: It was his fault and...
Me: It's never ok to push anyone! Neither of you deserves to be pushed around...
Boy 1: My mom says that I can push back.
Me: Maybe that's ok at home... but at school, it's really not.
Boy 2: But it was my turn and I was catching it and...
Boy 1: It was NOT!
Me: You know, the only person you can control is yourself. It doesn't matter who starts what. You are only in charge of the choices that you make when something happens!
Boys: (glare at me)
boy 1: But it was HIS fault! He pushed me first!
Me: ...

Alex: So, do you want to watch another episode of Downton Abbey?
Me: Only if you do.
Alex: Yeah, I do.

Alex: Who is your favorite character?
Me: Well, I really like the Duchess. And Mr. Carson. And definitely Matthew Crawley. What about you?
Alex: Anna. Anna all the way. She's like, perfect.

Alex: See? This is how you skip a rock. (Show me all the motions)
Me: oh fine. (skips rock)
Alex: wow! I'm so proud of you!
Me: I have skipped a rock before, you know.
Alex: What?! I thought you didn't know how!
Me: I just don't like trying really hard.

p.s. I was alerted to the fact that my Bloglovin' link was out of date and wasn't helpful at all! So I went in and fixed it, and you can now follow with Bloglovin' without any problems! 

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...