Friday, September 7, 2012

conversations from the week, of course



little boy: Miss Newhouse, you really let me down yesterday.
Me: WHY???
little boy: Because, you didn't remind me to check my mail box.
Me: (trying to remember when I said I would do such a thing.) umm...
little boy: Kingdom Hearts 2 is coming, and I was just really disappointed that it wasn't there. You have to remind me to check my mailbox, or I'll be very angry with you.
Me: Right.

Alex: We had this ice cream that was so good. I can't remember what it was called though... or the brand. but I think it was in a brown container?
Me: Oh, sure...
Alex: Where is it?
Me: I don't know. Hey, have you ever had this ice cream? It's the best.
Alex: I have heard that is pretty good ice cream. ...It had these chocolate chunks in it... where is it?
Me: I don't know. Hey, do you think anyone ever buys that ice cream up there? (pointing to ice cream carton caked in ice).
Alex: Banana split? ...If I could only remember what brand it was... I think it may have been Blue Bunny? But none of these flavors are right.
Me: I mean, look at it, it's covered in ice!
Alex: I don't think you're trying to help me here.
Me: It's just that I have no idea what you're talking about.

Me: After talking to you about not cooking a lot, I was pondering, and I finally realized why I don't cook a lot.
Alex: Oh, really?
Me: Yes, talking to you always makes me more self aware. It's because I HATE cooking in dirty kitchens. And I HATE cleaning up other people's messes. So, living with roommates makes me not want to cook. Anyway, are you listening to me? Are you hearing what I'm saying?
Alex: I hear you. I was listening, and I understood everything you said. So let me get this straight. You're telling me that when you have your own house and clean kitchen, you will cook more?
Me: Well...

(this conversation comes weeks after watching a cute show from the 40's about manners in elementary school, staring a puppet named Mr. Bungle, who leaves messes everywhere.)
Little girl: Finally, I'm the only one here! (picks up tray, starts to leave. Then picks up some stray garbage from the table). Oh FINE. I'll just pick up after that slob MR. BUNGLE.
Teacher and I: (start laughing)
Little girl: That wasn't supposed to be funny. (storms out.)

p.s. have a beautiful, wonderful weekend! you are all wonderful!


2 comments:

  1. you're at 99 followers, and I'm tempted to just go make a fake blogger account so I can be the 100th follower & we can get some dating stories.

    www.feelmysunlight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...