Monday, December 3, 2012

the way i think


I am a firm believe that you should never sell yourself short. That if you say, "I can't do it", well, then you probably can't. So, while thinking of what to blog about, the idea came to me that I should blog about what I am good at, and what I'm not so good at. Which, I guess, is a very "relatable" post that readers could "identify" with. But here's the deal, readers. I'm pretty sure my way of thinking isn't very relatable. I'm not going to say it's NOT relatable, because that would be selling myself short, or whatever. But I'm just saying. Because the moment I thought I should write about what I'm not good at, I immediately corrected myself.

Thinking negative thoughts gets you nowhere. Putting yourself down, selling yourself short, false modesty... all of these things are incorrect, and if you say them enough, you eventually start believing and becoming them.

I'm not saying everyone should believe they are perfect and good at everything. I know that I have many shortcomings and flaws. Just like any person (oh, hey there relatable!). But, I know that I can't let them define me. I can't let them beat me into the ground and claim me as their own. There are many things in this life that I need to WORK on. I need to progress and grow as a person. There are also many things that I pretty much have a lock on. I have accepted this about myself. I enjoy the things I excel at, and I frown at the things I need to work on, BUT I work on them, and I don't worry about them excessively.

So, after that long winded ramble about how not relatable or relatable my life is, I will leave you to figuring out your own.

Farewell for today, readers! Until next time.

p.s. for those of you now glaring at the screen in disappointment that i did not share... I'm really good at writing papers with little to no knowledge of what I'm talking about. I need to work on my study skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...