Sunday, February 10, 2013

Our Story: Part 12 (in which i try to remember how to be someone's girlfriend...)

(Sorry for the week's delay... I thought perhaps it took you one whole week to read the last post, so I was really just being kind.)

I went home after that night feeling completely overwhelmed. Not in a bad way. More in an... "Oh my gosh I can't believe Alex Casey came back into my life after two years and made me fall for him again and now we're actually dating" way. It seemed like all the details were adding up in my head. All the relationships that didn't work out because all I wanted was someone to talk to all night long, all the reasons I changed my major, or stayed in Logan, or stayed friends with Cody. It was like everything was falling right into place. One of the most amazing details to me was the fact that the previous April of 2012, I had been thinking I would be moving home for Student Teaching and leaving Logan behind me. But at the last minute, the school informed me I was in fact placed in Logan. At first, I was really upset. I had everything planned for moving home. So after crying in my car, and praying really hard... I decided that it felt right to stay in Logan. And as I frantically ran around searching for a new apartment to rent, it just so happened that the only one available was right in Alex Casey's apartment complex. So, what do you know? Two years later, we would again be neighbors at Utah State.

Anyway, I had little time to ponder everything. I had to go straight back to EFY for my last week, and then I was headed off to England to spend time with my grandparents. Of course, Alex and I kept in contact over EFY, but I ended up not getting back until Saturday morning, and we had a lot to do as far as packing and everything went, so I actually ended up not seeing Alex before I left to England. I probably could have made it work, but I was still a little worked up over the whole thing, and for some reason, nervous about my new "boyfriend". I was used to being on my own, the single version of Madeline. I had perfected her. She was in tip top shape. Girlfriend Madeline was a little rusty. She didn't know what to do, or how to act, or if she even truly wanted to act that way! It was good for her to have a vacation to another country.

The truth was though, as soon as I got to England, I missed him. It became painfully real to me that I wouldn't be able to text him whenever I desired, or call him, or even see him for the next 10 days! (But don't worry, I enjoyed the heck out of that beautiful country. I wasn't that far gone yet...) I found that I could still get internet, so Alex and I would send each other one facebook message a day. It could only be one because of the time difference. It was very fun to write him, and I found myself excited to be back with him.

And then.... When we touched back in Utah, I got nervous again. I wasn't sure how to settle back into real life. I didn't know how to be a good girlfriend! Luckily, that night I had the excuse of jet lag to not see him, and I got some sleep. I woke up the next day feeling much more refreshed, and I made plans to see him that night. Unfortunately, I also went to my brother's football game, which went long, and then my mom and I had to take my sister to a friends house, which took forever, and I needed to buy sheets, because I was moving up to school soon... and to make a long story short, I was really late and Alex was a little bit mad at me. When I finally got to his house, I called him, and he told me he was outside. I didn't see him anywhere, but after a minute, I noticed a ladder going up to his roof! Even though he was a little miffed with my behavior, he had set up blankets on the roof, and made it a creative fun date. As soon as I climbed up there, I felt right at home. All my fears were pushed aside, and I snuggled up to him and told him all about my trip. I felt like things were definitely going to be ok with us.

The next week, Alex asked me out on another surprise date. He told me to dress up nice, because we were going to a nicer restaurant. I was excited! We ended up going to The Roof in Salt Lake City, which is one of the nicer restaurants I've ever been to. It was really relaxing and fun, and we had a good time chatting and eating all the good food! At one point though, Alex asked me if I knew why he had brought me there, and I had no clue. He finally let me know that it was actually our one month anniversary of dating, and he wanted to do something special for me. I was mortified. I had not even noticed what day it was. And since when do the boys remember and the girls don't? I couldn't believe it. I felt so bad... what had happened to me? He was so much more thoughtful and a much better boyfriend than I thought I deserved. And to top it all off, after we ate dinner, we walked out on the street, and Alex got us a horse and carriage ride around the city! It was so romantic, and so sweet. I loved cuddling up next to him, and I couldn't understand how I got so lucky.

riding in the carriage. i have no excuse for my face, except that i took the picture really fast, because i am a nervous picture taker, and i didn't want to try again because i was self-concious??


p.s. do you think i could be done by valentine's day??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...