Tuesday, October 1, 2013

and then we ate tacos


On the way home from school on Tuesday, I saw the flashing blue and red lights behind my car.

I know. They're so serious, those lights. The way they flash at you unceasingly, even though you've obeyed and pulled over cautiously to the right. (see, police man? I am a cautious driver! Did you see the way I pulled over quickly with my blinker on and didn't cause any disruptions to traffic? Please be nice.)

The first thing I thought was, "shoot. I really don't want to tell Alex about this."

I mean, how can I let him know that his perfect wife was pulled over on the way home from elementary school! (It seems so obscene that an elementary school teacher would get pulled over. Aren't we all model citizens?)

Well, this is how our conversation went when I got home and realized he wasn't there yet. I decided to get it over quick, texting style.

"Alex oh Alex, where fore art thou Alex?"
"I'm at school, where are you?"
"Home! I had a run in with the law today. I just have to tell you now. But not to worry, I put on my big sad eye face and a warning was all that became of it."
"What were you pulled over for?"
"Speeding! So cliche. I was going 35 in what I thought was a 30, but turns out to be a 25 so that's a lesson on why you should always post speed limit signs."
"Well I'm glad that we didn't get a ticket."
"Me too. I was like OH SHOOT! But then my sad face won him over I think. I turned it on full power."
"That's good!"
"I know. I used it for a good cause for once."

Something Alex and I discovered while we were dating is that I have "a face". When I make said "face" I apparently can get whatever I want. I was unaware of anything like that, and to be honest since we got married it seems that my power has lessened! I guess Alex has become desensitized. (I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but I'm sure I will find out.)

Then he asked me what was for dinner? And I said I wasn't sure, but wasn't it taco tuesday? So we decided to go spend some hard earned cash on tacos.

And the funniest part is, I said to myself, I said, "Madeline! Take pictures while you're out! Show everyone how fun you and Alex are, out to get tacos on a Tuesday night!"

Well what do you know, no pictures.

Story. of. my. life.


I did however, snap this oh so artistic shot of my ring because... WHAT COULD BE MORE IMPORTANT?? (I'm working on prioritizing.)

p.s. you know what I'm excited for? Halloween. Alex and I just thought of THE BEST costumes. If you follow me on Twitter, you know what I'm talking about! Get ready. Hopefully I'll take pictures. No promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...