Tuesday, October 29, 2013

crafting with friends

I'll be the first to admit this - I'm not crafty. At least, not yet. I don't want to sell myself short or anything. Maybe crafts are my thing and in a year I'll have an etsy shop or something like that! But right now.... not quite. So when Sue from Chevron and Lace contacted me and was interested in collaborating on a Halloween craft, I was hesitant. Ok, I was only hesitant for like two minutes, and then I was like, let's do this! If there's one thing I can say about myself, it's that I'm all for trying new things. I told her I had never done a craft before in my life, so as long as it was easy, I was in! (Yeah, I'm a real go-getter... ha ha.)

First of all, Sue is the sweetest, and I'm not just saying that. You should all check out her blog. She's creative and beautiful and funny and nice, and before it seems like I'm a little too into her, I'm going to tell you she's taken, and she has a darling little girl named Chelsea who she makes fox costumes for. She's the type of girl who you feel like you are already friends with because of how honest and kind she is. Speaking of kind, she really came through for me, coming up with the simplest idea out there. Felt bats! She sent me a picture of hers and everything first, so that I could make sure I really could do it, and when I saw them I was like psh! I can do that! So here is what Sue made, along with a little extra bunting that says Happy Halloween! that I actually made too, only I made my own version with paper and stickers because I didn't know where the modge podge was in the craft store... I know, you can shun me now.

Without further ado...

first you cut half of a bat and then you fold it, you fold it, then you take the outline and you cut it, you cut it, then you have a bat! (and that was supposed to be to the tune of a children's song I had stuck in my head but I don't quite know what the real song was... just go with me here. it's easy.)

And then she decided to go the extra mile and make this awesome banner. The pictures are pretty self-explanatory, but when I saw that bowl of sticky stuff, I was like... uh uh, no way. It worked for Sue, but I don't want to embarrass myself at Hobby Lobby by asking what that stuff is and where I can get it. I would look like a total craft noob! (If you know what it is, and what aisle it's in... email me.) I did make my own though, as I said, with stickers. Woo!


And then she put it together and she rocked it! she rocked it!

Wait!!! Is the song about sandwiches?? maybe not... also if you know what the song is that I have stuck in my head (because of course you would?) leave a comment.

So, like I said, check out Sue's blog. Because on HER blog you will find MY craft! You can see what a fool I made of myself! I even tried to copy her cute pictures... *face palm*.

So go, be crafty! And make a new friend with Sue at Chevron and Lace! It's worth it. It is so worth it.


p.s. let it be known! i am up for any form of collaboration, any time. i love meeting new people, and trying new things. i would love to do guest post swaps, craft collabs, giveaways, button swaps... whatever! count me in.

5 comments:

  1. "craft noob"? You must be married to a gamer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! You are so sweet! But you did forget to mention that I too am a craft noob.
    This was so much fun! Let's do it again sometime!

    Sue//Chevron and Lace
    susanstange.com

    P.S. The sticky stuff is like modge podge (mod podge? Crafting illiterate). It's just Elmer's glue mixed with a little water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the way, you totally pwned this craft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure you've got Barney stuck in your head. Don't ask me how I know this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fatboYOm0MI

    ReplyDelete
  5. That white stuff is Mod Podge and it's the most magical thing in all the craft land. You can use it for practically anything.

    Such a cute banner! I love the felt bats. I wanted to make some of those and put them in my windows. It never happened. Perhaps next year.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...