Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dancing with the Stars Preview!!

So, on Monday I had a little preview assembly for my dance performance on Friday.

Have I told you guys that I have never danced before? Like, ever? Like, my dance moves were only for entertainment purposes because no one could take me seriously? It is a dang good thing I started taking zumba at the beginning of the year. I couldn't have done any of this performance without some sort of coordination! 

Anyway, I did a preview assembly. I was nervous. It was the first time I put on my costume. Which is turquoise and black with lots of sequins. Which if you know me, is not really what I would consider wearing. Ever. But it swishes when I dance, and that's kind of fun. The kids really liked it, they all asked if they could borrow it from me. (cool points!!!)

After the assembly, I was mobbed by little first graders who wanted to hug me and show off their own dance moves, which of course, I was thrilled to see. One little boy was seriously break dancing... and by that I mean breaking my heart with a cuteness attack. My principal said it well when he commented, "this must be what a Disney princess feels like!" It sure does, Mr. Principal. It sure does. 

Then the principal made a really awesome preview for the dance on Friday. It's actually a really well done video, so I have attached it here for your enjoyment!!



So, if you live in the area (or if you don't!) please come support me on Friday! Dancing with the Student Stars will be held at the Logan Rec Center on Friday, May 16, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $3 in advance, and $5 at the door. The whole thing is a fundraiser, so that money is put toward a good cause!

See you there!

 photo madeline-sig_zps3d16e9d1.png

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...