Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Middle of July!

Displaying IMG_1311.JPG
The two of us on the fourth of July! 30 weeks pregnant and still feeling fine.
So, since it's the middle of July, I should probably update my blog! Right? Yes.

Many people have said to me, "You haven't blogged in a while!" To those people I say, you are correct. Good observation. Time goes by so fast, doesn't it? One minute you're blogging away and then the next minute a month has gone by without saying anything.

Anyway, here's what I've been up to in my neck of the woods!

First of all, moving across the country is a very stressful idea to me. One half of me is super excited and ready for an awesome adventure with my handsome husband. The other half of me is saying things like, "but you don't know anyone there" and "you will have a newborn baby without your mom nearby!" and "What are you even going to do all day while Alex is at school?" So, you could say I'm halfway terrified about all of it. There was a really stressful patch a few weeks ago where we realized we had nowhere to live. I mean, I knew that we didn't have a place to live, but then as I was looking at apartments and seeing that rent in Indiana is double rent in Logan, Utah, I realized we had NOWHERE to live! At least nowhere decent... I could have lived in a ghetto neighborhood with my newborn baby I guess. Wait no, I couldn't. Because I'm also a newborn baby. So, Alex and I discussed our options and we came to the conclusion that we could either A) spend half our money on rent each month or B) buy a house. Houses in Indiana are actually really reasonably priced, and it turns out the mortgage plus tax plus insurance plus all the other house things costs less than renting a decent apartment monthly!

So then came the whole thing where we're like, okay! Let's find a house in a month and have everything squared away by the time you get to Indiana on July 30. We're crazy, we know. House hunting was also stressful. Thanks to a really awesome realtor over there in the land of Lafayette, we were warned away from bad neighborhoods, told which houses had water damage, and which houses online profiles were TOTAL FAKES. To be honest, sometimes it was really discouraging. (I mean, it's not like we're millionaires, we have a limited budget which means a limited selection of houses.) Sometimes Alex and I looked at each other like WHAT ARE WE DOING. But we kept the faith, I like to think. Out of nowhere we saw this tiny house online that was, you know, pretty tiny, but also met all of our criteria and also was completely updated inside and out. Today we received an acceptance on our offer!! So cross your fingers that it's smooth sailing from here. If we don't have that house for Alex to show up to in two weeks, I don't know what we'll do!

We also went on a vacation to the Oregon coast over the fourth of July with my family which was much needed, and which I will blog about at a later date. Hopefully not a month later... but later. When I have all the pictures rounded up.

I've also been working full time reconciling all my uncle's bank accounts and wondering if maybe I should have been an accountant? Is it bad that sometimes I don't mind sitting by myself, undisturbed, crunching numbers?

Anyway, my thoughts have been consumed with this crazy life. Oh yeah, because I'm also pregnant. It seems a little unfair that everything else is happening at the same time. I feel like baby boy is not getting the attention a first baby deserves! It's hard because I can't really do anything for the baby except like, grow him, because anything I get for the baby here will just be packed away for the move. Any birthing classes I'd like to take end after I leave.

I'm in a state of limbo, and THAT my friends, is why I haven't typed anything on this here blog for a while.

But I'm not finished with blogging forever yet! I have some fun changes coming. Because since my life is changing, I feel compelled to change the blog as well.

 photo madeline-sig_zps3d16e9d1.png

8 comments:

  1. Hello! I am a creepy stranger stalker following your blog. BUT, I just recently moved from Logan to NYC! So I totally get how you feel! I don't pretend to be an expert on anything, but if you ever just need someone to talk to who knows exactly what you're going through, shoot me an email :) beccajcrandall@gmail.com

    Much love to you! Things that are right always work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a fun move! You're so sweet! I may have to take you up on that :) everything will work out and it will be a grand adventure!

      Delete
  2. yay! a blog post! i'll drive to indiana anytime you need me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet. I'll need you every other Wednesday and most weekends. See you then!

      Delete
  3. yay a blog post! ok wow you guys are moving so soon. congrats on the house! that is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so crazy how fast everything is moving. I need to blog more so I remember everything!

      Delete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...