Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sing Me A Song


Hi, my name is Madeline Newhouse.

I am a college student, an oldest child, just like my mother, obsessed with clothes, a movie watcher, a book reader, and a music lover.

I hate homework, love my sisters and brother, admire my mother, have too many clothes, go to movies all the time, read everything in sight, and love finding songs that match my life.

I've lived on this earth for almost 20 years now, and I have to say I'm pretty proud of the way I've done things. Proud of the choices I've made. These are the Top Ten lessons I've learned:

1. Honesty - There good secrets, and there are bad secrets. Good secrets are the ones everyone will find out, like surprise parties, and bad secrets are the ones that eat you alive.
2. Communication - Especially in relationships. If you want it, SAY IT. Don't beat around the bush. Chances are, people aren't going to guess what you want.
3. Procrastination - My personal problem. Terrible terrible procrastination... I will quit procrastinating tomorrow, I swear.
4. Humor - Sense of humor is key. Nothing in life is so bad if you can smile about even a tiny part of it.
5. Change - It happens. Embrace it. And remember, you do NOT have the power to change anyone else. Which brings me to...
6. Acceptance - People are people, things happen, maybe good maybe bad. You can't change things, you can't rewind. Accept what you get! There has to be a reason for it.
7. Rejection - I fear this. Everyone fears this. Shake it off, try again. (Unless it's a love interest, if they rejected you, who needs them??)
8. Prayer - Even if it seems like there's no chance prayer will work, keep praying. Life is too hard to do it alone.
9. Reliance - Don't be afraid to ask for help. It isn't a sign of weakness.
10. Love - Is scary. Is wonderful. Is heartbreaking. Is happiness. I used to be afraid of loving someone because I was afraid of losing someone. Love anyway! If you lose, come back stronger. Never give up.

And these are my thoughts of the day.

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...