Wednesday, December 22, 2010

cooler than the flip side of my pillow

Yesterday I saw someone from high school I haven't seen in a really long time. I know she recognized me, but she didn't say anything, and acted like she didn't see me. I didn't think anything of it, we weren't really friends. Then, today on Facebook, I saw that she had updated her status, and I thought to myself, what if I made my status about seeing her, and I tagged her in it? That would be the strangest, creepiest, weirdo thing to do. We didn't even make eye contact. Facebook is really legalized stalking you know. We all stalk each other. When you see someone on the street, you automatically remember something you read about them on Facebook. Wouldn't it be funny if we weren't discreet about it at all? If we just tagged people in pictures and statuses, wrote on their walls, "liked" their relationships, and chatted with them? But we didn't really know them? 
This thought fascinates me.

p.s. Roommate reunion = success. 

4 comments:

  1. I "liked" a person's status today that I probably shouldn't have "liked" just because I could. It was exhilarating... And then slightly embarrassing so I thought about "unliking" it, but it's too late now. A notification has been sent, so even if I do "unlike" it, he'll know that I "liked" it once, so "unliking" it would be even more embarrassing.
    Ohhh Facebook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I clearly stalk your blog. You are the only one who keeps it updated.

    Also, there was this girl who lives here, who friended me on FB. I thought she was someone else and accepted it. But it didn't take long to figure out she was not the person I thought she was, but by then, it was too late, we were friends. And I had never met her before. Anyway, about 8 months later, I ran into her at the local HS, and said hi to her, cuz I recognized her, from FB. She looked at me like she wasn't sure who I was, so I introduced myself to her. It is weird to introduce yourself to someone that you've never met, and yet you know waaaaay too much about them. Ya know? Now we serve on the MS PTO together. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a funny story that Andrea just said. what an awkward way to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha what a perfect example! I just had a dream that I put someone else's profile picture as my own and hoped she didn't notice...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...