Saturday, January 15, 2011

fine isn't good enough

I felt like ignoring my blog for the next week, and then I realized I have something I need to write. A little while ago I wrote this post for my lovely sister Abi. It's time to come clean. I have another sister. And a brother for that matter, but he will get his post in due time. 

This is for Olivia. 

Olivia, Olivia, Olivia. Where to start? I think you might be mad at me right now. It's just that it is a desperately important scarf. I need it for my great aunt who is in the hospital. Anyway, the point is, you are really great. It's crazy how different we are. I kind of like it. You have a lot going for you, you know. You're really beautiful, you're tall, you can sing and act, you are a great designer and seamstress, and I really like your obsession with books that teach you how to be a lady. Life is hard for you right now. You're in the beginning of your high school years, your best friend moved to California, and I can tell you are unsure of where you fit in. And this is what I have to say to you. Don't worry about fitting in. I promise that if you just be yourself, your crazy funny happy self, people are going to like you. You don't need a specific group. You are Olivia. You can survive without a dramatic clique of girls. I'm so proud of you for getting a lead role in Thoroughly Modern Millie. I really want to come to every single performance and see you rock Miss Dorothy like never before! I also really like that you are doing lacrosse. I can't wait to see your games. The bottom line is, you are a lot better than you give yourself credit for. You aren't fine. You aren't darling. You are beautiful, and you are great. Live up to it.


p.s. i forgot how much i love guitar hero

1 comment:

  1. Madeline, you are so great! I am so lucky to have an incredible sister like you with such a writing ability like none other, you make me sound AMAZING! Well, thanks... *bashful grin*

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...