Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2.2lbs of effort

This is how I felt all day. With a little less sadness and little more frustration/disbelief. You know those times your teacher tells you that you have to go to a required workshop and you miss out on hanging with your first graders? Yeah, today was one of those times. Did I mention that said workshop was also six hours? From 8:00a.m. to 2:30p.m.? Well, it was. And let me tell you, when I got to the Lundstrom center at 7:50 this morning and collapsed on the couch in exhaustion (because I may have stayed up until 1:00a.m. the night before) I was ready to go straight back home. And when I walked in with thirty other girls and one boy and we had to play a get to know you game, I felt even more like going back to sleep. And I am sorry, because I know I had the most negative attitude in the world today, a.k.a. Negative Nancy, but this really was the most boring day of my life. I stared off into space the whole time. When long-haired-hippie-workshop-leader named Kilo asked me a question, I had no idea what he had just said. I rambled off an unintelligent answer and all he said was "...k" and then went on to somebody else! And let me tell you one last thing, when Kilo and Hande went 15 minutes over their alloted time, I almost fell on the floor in a heap of self pity and boredom. So, the moral of the story is, if your teacher ever tells you that there is a required workshop, make sure you know if you are going to have to sign the roll sheet or not before you go.

p.s. It is a beautiful day regardless.

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...