Wednesday, February 1, 2012

expectation vs. reality


Expectation: I expected that walking up the hill this morning to school would be easier than usual. You know, since I do it every day. Surely I would be used to it by now.

Reality: The hill was just as hard as usual, and I had to hide my heavy breathing from the other people at the top, otherwise I would look like a total out of shape lame person. 

Expectation: I expected that I would have better time management and actually get ready for the day in time to make myself a lunch for school.

Reality: I took as long as usual, wasting precious moments staring into the depths of my closet (I really don't have anything new to wear? These are all the SAME clothes??) And had to just grab a bag of wheat thins on my way out the door.

Expectation: I thought that my math class would be horribly boring and not informational.

Reality: My math class was horribly boring and not informational. But I did build a tower out of blocks. Which was somewhat entertaining.

Expectation: I was sure that the little Asian girl had it out for me in the parking garage. I expected to get shot at any moment.

Reality: Nothing of the sort happened, and I was forced to realize once again that parking garages and walking places alone at night make my imagination very active.

p.s. what the february?

2 comments:

  1. This is how my life goes everyday. And the whole "walking alone at night makes my imagination very active" part, totally true!

    P.S. fun fit forever tomorrow since we didn't go today? I went last night, it was really fun. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Hate. That. Hill.

    Oddly enough, I do the same thing. I hide my breathing as much as I can... sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...