Wednesday, November 7, 2012

it's just life.

via

This morning I woke up at 7:26.
Do you know what time I have to be at school? Well? Do you?
AT 7:30 PEOPLE. 7:FREAKING:30.
So, of course, I immediately texted the teacher I work with and told her I'd be there ASAP.

The thing about this happening is that, even though my schedule was thrown off, and I needed to fly through getting ready, and my hair was a mess... life went on. I still got to school before it actually started, and I had a normal day with the kids and the mess and the craziness. 

And here's what I'm really getting at... the lesson you should be learning... the moral of the story if you will.

LIFE HAPPENS.

It just does. You can't change the way it happens. You can make choices along the way, do your best to make it go the way you want, but sometimes, life just happens all on its own. So I ask you, WHAT is the point of whining about it? What is the point of having despair? Of dramatic facebook statuses and twitter updates and sad emoticons? What is the POINT? When life happens, it happens. Nothing you cry about is going to change. We must simply pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and make the best of what we have been given.

I know what you're thinking. Why isn't this girl posting some political rant about what she really thought about the election? In fact, she's said nothing about it, EVER. So fine, I'll tell you.

I checked Twitter last night and saw everyone's updates about Obama. I turned to Alex and said, "Well, Obama is president." 

And then we both just said, "ok."

(are you seeing what i'm trying to say here???)

p.s. not entirely loving scraping off my car in the morning... oh well! I have to do it to get to school. Just part of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...