Monday, February 25, 2013

call me crazy, i wish it was warm.

Where is spring? by Strawberry Mood



I'm in the library right now. Doing math homework. Alex is sitting by me, doing engineering homework. This is our life right now. And... i'm kind of over it.

I guess it's just that point in February when it seems like the end is so so far away, and you're stuck in this freezing winter wonderland with no sun in sight, and you have a whole wedding to plan and it's really hard because you're not at home, and you're worried about your engagement pictures because all your hopes and dreams regarding them will just look SO much better if it's nice and sunny outside and maybe there is a little bit of grass visible? I mean, just a patch? And we could sit on that patch of grass for the whole blasted photo shoot? Is that too much to ask, I don't think so. And what about how my math homework takes just as long as engineering homework does? I'm an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER. I think this should give me some sort of free pass as far as hard math homework goes. maybe that sounds entitled.

Anyway, I think I should come clean. I don't really like being engaged. I love my fiance like a crazy person, and I can't wait to be married to him forever and ever. But man, this being engaged thing is just the pits. It throws you into that in between stage where you've made the decision to make a life change, but you have to wait for it, and you don't quite know how to be a real person until then. I mean, sure, it's a brilliant way to give yourself time to plan an awesome bomb.com wedding, and figure out all the nitty gritty details that make up that whole forever time... but man, if we could just speed this world up two months and a few days, I don't see myself really complaining.

And that's what I'm doing right now, huh? Complaining. 

What a life I have! I go to a wonderful university, I teach the coolest fourth graders ever, I have a job interview tomorrow, I am in love with a great man, I got the wedding dress of my dreams, my family supports my every decision, I have more clothes than any normal person needs, I found the most beautiful barn for the reception, and my car is still running like it is no where close to 12 years old.

I mean, pity me, right?

But don't really. I really am grateful. More than ever ever ever before. 

I just wouldn't mind if it was sunny and March every now and again....


p.s. - just kidding there is no post script. (ha ha, for you, Alex.)

2 comments:

  1. I hated being engaged too. AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR DRESSSSSS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I complain to myself about everything and I don't even feel bad about it. Because I am a firm believer deserving to tell the world how frustrated we are sometimes, you know? So I say complain away! It's good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...