Wednesday, March 6, 2013

here's what i'm up to on this sixth day of march



So, I'm getting my engagement pictures taken this weekend. I'm pretty excited about it, except for the fact that I'm pretty sure it's going to rain, and I'm trying really hard to be cool with it, but I can't help but feel like it's super unfair that the world won't just warm up and grow leaves and grass and that kind of stuff. It's my problem though, I know. The world isn't trying to upset me. I'm so excited for things-to-come in my life that I've been in this weird LET'S SPEED EVERYTHING UP mood. I guess I just feel like the faster I get everything done, the faster life will move. But that's absolutely absurd. There is literally nothing I can do to make time move. So you'd think I would put those thoughts behind me, right? Well...

Anyway, Alex and I had to go shopping for the perfect engagement outfits right? And let me tell you, that was quite the adventure! For myself. For Alex it was super easy. He put up a little bit of a fuss at first... "I don't want brown pants!" (now it's all I can do to keep him from not wearing those brown pants before the pictures...) but he of course looked amazing in everything I picked out for him. And I thought, hey! That dress online that I've always thought was way cute is on sale! That just turned out to be not as good as I thought it would (like most of my online purchases... hello wedding shoes that came to me in a SOILED condition.) So, I end up at Anthropologie with my mom as usual, ignoring all the clothes around me because I'm a poor almost married person, when my mom turns to me and says, "Do you really want to wear that dress in your engagement photos?" And well, I couldn't lie to her. Cue me getting a new gorgeous little number from my favorite store for way too much $$$.

I think everything is going to work out.

And I bet my bottom dollar that I'll look back on this time and think, that wasn't so bad!

You just wait, rain or shine, we're going to take some dang beautiful portraits of ourselves, and be right on our way to marriage land in T-a-little-under-two-months-also-known-as-58-days... and the best news is, we finally figured out a honeymoon!

Now, what am I supposed to eat for dinner when my fiance is at work?

p.s. why don't you head over and check out my good buddy Cody's blog... you won't be disappointed. Welcome to the head of a 23 year old man.

2 comments:

  1. I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU! Cloudy days make for much better pictures according to my friend who's been doing photography for almost ten years now. She says some of her best shoots happen just before or just after big storms. Without the cloud cover, it's harder to combat harsh lighting that comes from the direct sun, plus people are squinting, etc, etc. And the dampness of after-rain can make for some really nice colors of your surroundings in shots. So, ta da, this just might turn out to be ideal for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to marry him.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...