Monday, July 22, 2013

May 4, 2013 - Reception Style

I am one of those silly girls who has had her reception planned for years, it's true! I even spent a while on pinterest looking for new ideas, and I didn't use anything I found! I guess I knew what I wanted. In fact, one lady came through the line and told my mom, "I've seen it on pinterest before, but never in real life!" Which, if you ask me, was quite the compliment. And honestly, I owe it all to my mom, grandma, and my mom's friend Kelly. They caught onto my vision and ran with it. All I had to do was sit back and relax up here in Logan while they took control!

The basic idea is this... Have you ever seen the movie Mamma Mia? In the movie, Meryl Streep's character is setting everything up for her daughter's wedding, and when people ask what they can do to help, she tells them to put stuff anywhere and everywhere because there's "no plan!" I decided that was going to be the basis of my wedding. No Plan. Of course, there was a plan, I'm not crazy. I just wanted everything to look kind of thrown together in a beautiful "this is life" kind of way. My mom and grandma planted the flowers months before hand in a green house, so all of the flowers at the reception were home grown except for my bouquet. My grandma donated tons of table cloths to the cause, and Kelly helped like crazy with the centerpieces. My grandma's neighbor was actually a hoarder, and when she died my grandparents were in charge of her property... long story... anyway, most of the gorgeous vases came from her house. My great grandma donated a bunch of trays for the cookies and milk, and Kelly's son drew up the chalk board back drop. My hair stylist Kylee actually made all of the "chalk board" signs. She's quite amazing, she whipped them up in no time! Check out her Etsy shop Scootapie Designs. Again, all photos were taken by Green Apple Photography. Alright, enough of all the details stuff, are you ready for some photo dumping?? Take a peek at my reception. (And just know, the photos are beautiful, but totally do not do it justice. The atmosphere was amazing.)






precious notes from my fourth graders hung on a clothes line across the back of the room.


the line seriously lasted the whole reception... around 500 people came! amazing. we were so blessed!


these quilts were handmade by women in the Philippines. my grandparents went on their first mission there and my grandma couldn't resist buying them out of quilts!

by the end of the night, we still hadn't cut the cake because our line of guests was so long! we cut it as quickly as possible, I tossed my bouquet, and we booked it out of that beautiful barn!

 I am so grateful to have such beautiful pictures! Thanks to everyone who helped throw this shindig together, even though it seemed crazy at first with me not having a plan and all that jazz... :) Any questions about the venue, details, food, drink, clothes... whatever? Leave a comment! Thanks for reading!

p.s. I'm selling some clothes that weren't getting enough love from my closet! Check them out before they're gone! I have some good stuff, peeps! Click Here.



2 comments:

  1. LOVED your reception. Seriously THE BEST reception I've ever been to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED your reception. Seriously THE BEST reception I've ever been to.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...