Wednesday, September 4, 2013

a vacation from life












Day 2 of Blogtember: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?

If I had three months off from my current life, I would move to England. I would live in a quaint townhome, with a navy blue door that opened right onto the cobblestone street in Cambridge. I would have a bike with a basket, and a pass for the train. I would take weekend trips to neighboring countries. Spend a night in Paris, get a waffle in Berlin, go hiking in Spain, enjoy a day in Venice. But I would always return to my little townhome in England. 

I don't know what it is about that place, but it stole my heart and soul. I can't think of it without that achy homesick feeling. I belong there. I don't know what I'm doing in this little town in Utah, when England is singing my name! I would spend days in London if I could, weeks even! Personally, I think Alex should get an internship in England next summer... what better excuse to have an adventure? I can just picture the two of us, completely out of our element, trying to figure out how to drive on the wrong side of the road, and make a life in a new country. It would be thrilling, and scary, and full of sweet memories. 

I would take an adventure, and do the things that I've always dreamed of doing.  But at the same time... who's to say that you can't make your dreams come true in the midst of your normal, current life? The only thing that's holding you back is yourself. Sure, we can blame it on money, and timing, and family or school. But if we were truly invested in our own little adventures, nothing could stop us from leaving it all behind, and creating something new. 

I guess it's all about priorities really. So what's holding you back? And is it worth it?

p.s. have you read What Alice Forgot? It's worth it.



4 comments:

  1. Great blog, found you on Blogtember :) Love the pictures (and your pin it button) ;) Happy Blogging!

    claire
    www.wastingtimewisely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quaint home with a navy blue door and cobblestone streets... oh my goodness that sounds too good to be true! I've never been to England, but I've always wanted to visit and live in a cozy cottage like the one on The Holiday :)

    I love how you ended your post! My husband and I decided last year that we weren't going to let anything hold us back, and now we're setting sail in about a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! a good friend of mine just moved to london and she's never coming back, she loves it so much! i can't wait to go visit her!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...