Saturday, September 14, 2013

I'm an ESTJ but you can call me Madeline

Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)

via

The CliffNotes version of an ESTJ


-Represent approximately 13% of the population
-Take-charge people who naturally assume leadership roles
-Have a clear set of standards and values and place a high value on their principles
-Communicate directly and honestly with no hidden agenda, which makes them often seem harsh
-Logical thinkers who value reason over feeling
-Excel at setting and reaching deadlines and personal goals
-Take their work seriously and have an energetic, "get it done" attitude

I loved taking this test, but it also kind of surprised me with how accurate it was! And that accuracy scared me a little bit. I think we all like to think that we're doing life right, you know? Like, "I've got this!" And there are a lot of things I absolutely love about my own personality. (conceited? well, sorry... it's just true.) I love being a take charge kind of person. I love that I'm responsible, dependable, and decisive. I actually really do like that I'm matter-of-fact and straightforward, but... I totally agree with the cliffnotes saying that can make me seem harsh. I'm actually very aware of it. It's just that... it's the truth! So, you know, I have to work on making sure my directness doesn't come off as mean. I'm really just being practical, and in my head, it makes a lot of sense. I suppose because I'm me. That's one thing I love about this personality test though. There is no "perfect" personality. We all have amazingly good things about us, and then there are the things that we can work on. It doesn't mean they are bad. Being logical and straightforward isn't bad. It's just recognizing that everyone else has different personalities too, and might not respond the same as you!

I think it's important to note that while this is a pretty accurate representation of me, it is not all of me. In fact, if you look at my actual scores, I only had a 1% preference of E over I, and I would describe myself as more of an introvert depending on the situation. 

All in all I thought this was really accurate, and I thought it was interesting that I am only 13% of the population. Pretty crazy, huh? I'm going to have Alex take this.... 

p.s. have a great weekend, and let me know what personalities you are too!




2 comments:

  1. This was cool! I'm an "IMFJ" I thought the description was pretty accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so convenient that you took the test, because the other day I was thinking I should take the test because I hadn't taken it in years and couldn't remember what my results were. Why did I feel prompted to retake the test? Good question. I found a Pin of Harry Potter characters profiled for each of the personality types!

    YES. I DID.

    It is right here, and I will leave you in suspense to click and see who you are (which I think is very accurate). I'm an ENFJ, also with only 1% extravert, and I'm also feeling this was very accurate.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...