Monday, September 16, 2013

to the girls in my life

Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)









Dear Rachel, Haley, and Jenna,

Here I am, on my blog, publicly declaring my love for you. I'm also publicly declaring my love for spring break in st. george, short hair, and that beautiful skirt I'm wearing. Oh why oh why is that skirt not a part of my life anymore? 

To the girls who make my life more fun ever day. The girls who are the most uplifting. The girls who I have laughed with harder than anyone else. The girls who always do the right thing, even if it's hard. The girls who take ugly face pictures for dayyyyzzz and especially on Snap Chat. To the times we had together, late nights, spaghetti nights, slumber parties, and traveling bracelet movie making. To the fact that the past two years we have all always been "somewherelse" but manage to come back to each other and the same place. To the fact that I am the cheesiest of all of us, but you always go along with my ideas anyway. To the truth that I can always rely on every single one of you, any day, any time. To the difficulties of all being in different walks of life at the moment (baby, newlywed, single, mission) and still finding time for each other. To the snowstorm we drove in, and to Rachel's grandma's house, and to that night that Rachel went crazy and we now have all those delightful videos. To the dating drama and the late night talks about boys. 

To the knowledge that I am so so so grateful for - that we will always be friends, and always take pictures, and always find the time. I can't wait to raise families together, and force our husbands to be friends too.

Love you all, and SO EXCITED that we will be reunited with Haley this week,

Madeline







p.s. aren't best friends the best? I mean I love Alex, but you know. sometimes you need a little girly time.

1 comment:

  1. I never commented on this, but just so you know, it made me cry the first time I read it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...