Tuesday, March 25, 2014

i don't dance

Today was a day. Today was quite a day! A day for the books. But not in the awful horrible day way. Just more in the way that a lot of things happened in this day and it was good.

Let me tell you all about it! You know, since this is my blog and everything, which means I tell you about my life.

FIRST, I woke up. I laid in bed for too long reading blogs, and then I quickly got ready and did my hair in the messiest messy bun I could muster. (Not necessarily on purpose.)
THEN, I drove to school in the jeep. I like the jeep. I like my camry better, but I like the jeep.
AFTER THAT, I walked into the school. I didn't wear a jacket today. It was jacket weather, but I did not wear one.
NEXT, the fourth graders came piling in, one on top of the other, finally settling into the quiet rhythm of our morning only to be yanked out of routine to read to first graders.
DURING the reading, I received a phone call from my mom. It was really my mom and sister Olivia on the phone, since today Olivia left for Maryland and this is the last time I can talk to her before Mother's Day. I couldn't answer it. Tears came to my eyes.
SHOCKINGLY, when I called back at 9, hoping that she would still be on the phone anyway, she was! And there was much rejoicing in Madeline land.
AROUND LUNCH TIME, the principal came to me and said he had "an opportunity you can not refuse!" And I said, "Oh really?" And he said, "Will you be our school's representative for Dancing with the Stars?" And I said, "I can't dance."
BUT THEN, for some reason, I also said, "ok, I will do it."
FINALLY, when school was over, I pulled into the driveway, walked in the house, plopped down on the couch, put on Grey's Anatomy, and waited patiently for my husband to come home.
AND WHEN HE DID, I gave him a great big kiss. On the lips. (eek!)

messiest of messy buns in all it's glory.

p.s. sooooo who wants to watch me win a dancing competition? I may not dance, but I will win. Just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...