Thursday, May 22, 2014

I'm Not Ready.

this is a picture from the field trip on Tuesday. I got a lot of better cuter pictures, but I don't have permission to post their precious faces on the internet, nor am I looking for permission. So this is what you get. I love them.
Today is Thursday, which means that I have less than a week left of school. (Since we're subtracting the three day weekend. We subtract in fourth grade. It's a thing.) Obviously, you can tell from my blog that I'm really excited for summer. I'm ready to sleep in, to go on vacations, to hang out with my family... all of it. I'm ready for the summer activities!

I'm not ready to say good-bye. These kids. These 26 little fourth grade kids that I've spent all year trying to help turn into good people... I don't want to leave them. Today we were splitting them into next years classes, and I almost started crying. I could barely do it! I don't want them to leave me, and I don't want them to leave each other. I want to have that perfect scenario from Freedom Writers, where I get to be with them all the way until they graduate. (In fact, a few of my girls actually asked the principal if that could be a possibility, and he wasn't quite sure how to answer them.)

I'll have more to say on all this later, I'm sure, but right now I just need you all to know. I'm not ready. I don't want to not be theirs anymore.

I mean, if I'm having this much trouble with 26 other people's children, I can't imagine how I'll be with my own kids... oh boy. Bring in the tissues.

 photo madeline-sig_zps3d16e9d1.png

4 comments:

  1. i'm just ooooing and aaaaaaing over your blog design. nbd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'd be in your same situation about not wanting my kids to leave. It's one of those things about teaching that I haven't really thought about yet since I haven't been in the field, but that just makes me so sad! Plus, this is your first year, so first set of students, right? If any class is unforgettable, it's probably them ):

    ReplyDelete
  3. some asked! awe, so cute. at least you know they loved you!

    xoxo
    e
    the little diary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this like a pioneer field trip?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...