Tuesday, July 15, 2014

#brightnightevent

A week or so ago, Laura texted me to find out if I'd wanted to go to the Bright Night Event with her. I was confused, because I had never heard of it, because I'm the type of person who has no clue what is going on in the world, ever. Anyway, turns out it was a fabulous blogger party! We got tickets to the after party - dancing, photo booths, and all that jazz. I was a little wary at first because it's like, ok, I'm not that big of a blogger, basically no one knows who I am, and also, I don't dance. But Laura is fun, and I wanted to have fun, so I said yes! I guess I'm the type of person who just says yes.

It ended up being the most fun night I've had in quite a while. You guys, I danced my pants off! I literally did not want to stop dancing. My friend Kirsten said it well when she told me that blogger dance parties are the best because it's all girls! It's true! No boys allowed :)

Ok, so enough blabbing on and on I suppose. Laura and I got there dorkily early, so we decided to spend some time at Scheels across the street and ride the ferris wheel. It was kind of amazing.



this picture on the ferris wheel is great, because you can see what we looked like at the beginning of the night. Mostly me. Like, how my hair has a nice curl, and my make-up is still in tact. Yeah, dancing kind of got rid of those things.

So, when Laura and I got there, everyone cheered and gave us hugs and couldn't believe how lucky they were that we showed up at THEIR party!! Except, just kidding, that's not what happened. What happened was, we walked in, decided not to take the elevator, because a bunch of pretty girls had just got on it together, walked up the stairs, grabbed handfuls of pretzels, and talked about how we should probably be social. Then we wanted to take a picture by this sign that said, "Remember that time..." and it was so horribly awkward that we ended up getting this shot. Which is kind of cute in an awkward way. Awkward. How many times can I say that word in one paragraph?


Luckily the rest of the night was uphill from there :)



This lovely woman on the left is Kirsten. She blogs at The Crafting Chicks, if you've ever heard of them. I've known her since I was like... 14. So we were thrilled to see each other, of course! And the woman on the right I am embarrassed to say I did not know when I took this picture. Laura made me do it. So I pretended I knew her.... uh... but now I do know who she is, so, she's awesome. In fact, she blogs about being awesome, because she does it so well. The Alison Show, if you're as naive as me.


 and that, was that.


 photo madeline-sig_zps3d16e9d1.png

5 comments:

  1. My heart is sad you didn't know Alison until know! She is my idol haha. It looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! i've never been to a blogger party but they look fun haha.
    xoxo
    e
    the little diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I knew about this party a while ago, decided not to go and forgot about it. But then when instagram pics started rolling in, I was super bummed I missed out!!!!! Dang kids (just kidding I can't keep using them as an excuse for everything. . . )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so cute! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...