Tuesday, May 12, 2015

class of 2015 (and 2013!)

Okayyyy so I took a week or so off from blogging again. Whoops.

Well, on May 2nd my handsome husband Alex Casey graduated from Utah State University with his Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering!

A while ago, I asked him if he was planning on walking in the ceremony - why wouldn't he? He told me he wasn't sure because I didn't walk in my ceremony and he felt bad about it. You guys! I didn't walk in my ceremony on May 4, 2013, because I got married that day. Basically we were going to get married the week after May 4, but my dad is awesome at his job and won a cruise for that same week, so I told him I'd switch the date so he could go on the cruise. (I mean, he was paying for the whole wedding, how selfish would that have been if I told him he couldn't go on his cruise?!) Anyway, my sister was leaving on her mission the week after that, so May 4th it was. My mom was super disappointed because she wanted me to walk and to take pictures in my cap and gown. (I took a picture in a Mickey graduation hat on our honeymoon and sent it to her to see if that would help.)

ANYWAY.

I told Alex he'd better not feel bad because I sure didn't feel bad, and I wanted him to walk across that stage dangit! And also, I would just borrow his cap and gown and take some pictures in it to make everyone happy! So he did. And it was SO FUN. I was just bursting with pride the whole time! Alex has worked so hard every single semester, and he graduated in the top 10% of his class which is pretty amazing. Mechanical Engineering is one of the hardest majors out there! It was so surreal to think that this stage of our lives is over, and the next stage will be him getting his PhD... what?? (A few people are confused by this, because a Masters technically comes next. Alex's grades were so awesome, they let him skip the Masters. Yep. That's the man I married.)

I'm so proud of him, and so grateful for all the people who have supported us these past couple years. It's been a whirlwind of hard work and lots of time spent with Alex slaving away studying, and me watching Netflix by myself on weekends... but it's all been so worth it! We're so excited for the next adventures life has in store.



Alex's mom wanted me to show off the bump. 21 weeks in this picture!



see? now everyone's happy :)


 photo madeline-sig_zps3d16e9d1.png

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute! He is a rockstar! Congrats to him! Your bump, i'm dying. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...