Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pregnancy Update! Because, why not?

Well, I was thinking, you know, since I'm pregnant, I could maybe do some pregnancy updates? I don't know how frequent they will be, and I'm definitely not going to go all the way back to the beginning and write it all down, but better late than never, right?

me, on mother's day. so i guess i was 22 weeks and 6 days. if you want to get technical.

How far along: 23 weeks and 2 days

How big is baby: Grapefruit! That's what the app says, anyway.

Weight Gain: Last I checked? 5 pounds. I seriously NEVER check my weight, so I have to remind myself that I should.

Stretch marks: None! 

Sleep: I've been sleeping really well for the most part. Our apartment started getting pretty hot, which made it more difficult, but now we have the AC on and I'm feeling great! I also have to sleep with my trusty nasal strip. Whatever works, though, ya know? 

Craving: I haven't craved much, honestly. In the beginning I was all about Jamba Juice and Einstein bagels. Then I went through a strawberry phase. Mexican food has ceased to sound good to me, but I'll eat it if it's available. Mostly I eat bread, I guess. 

Random: My back and ribs on my right side have started KILLING me if I spend too much time sitting down. Like, almost brought me to tears the other day. However, that was the day I went on a field trip to Salt Lake with my fourth graders and had to sit on a bus for 4 hours. So that may have had something to do with it. Honestly, I have had very few dramatic pregnancy symptoms. I feel really lucky, it hasn't been bad at all! (knock on wood!)

Feeling: Pretty much the same. I have to remind myself I'm pregnant. It surprises me daily! Thankfully I've got my pregnancy rhinitis under control with this system - I use Saline Nasal Spray morning and night, after which I blow my nose forever, and then at night I put on a nasal strip. I had to use a humidifier a couple times, which also helped. Another thing that helps is the Breathe DoTerra Oil. I recommend heartily! 

So far, being pregnant has been pretty normal! I guess. I mean, the whole idea of pregnancy actually completely weirds me out. But, I have to say, I am seriously in love with the kid. I love when I can feel him moving around in there! Weirdest sensation, but it's also really cool. I can't wait to meet him! I hope he's nice...


 photo madeline-sig_zps3d16e9d1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...