Tuesday, August 10, 2010

There's No Place Like Home...

Ahhh...
It's 1:05 a.m.
I've returned from Washington.
I can't sleep.
I think I slept too much in the car.
My brain won't be quiet. It keeps talking. Telling me things that I don't really want to think about, but I've been pushing them away so much lately, they have to come out right now.
Things like...
school. suitcases. goodbyes. driving. moving. dreams. wishes. goals. grades. future. boys. friends. money. jobs. lost things. oil changes. etc.
I've been on the move so much this summer. I've gotten really expert at packing a suitcase. I've been living out of a suitcase.
Slow it down. Give me a few more days.
I'm tired of being on the go.
Can't I just sit down with someone special and watch the leaves blow in a summer breeze for a while?

p.s. I love rainstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...