Tuesday, December 14, 2010

some people want it all

Do you ever have moments where you're like, "oh wow, I can't believe that just happened." That doesn't happen to me a lot, but when it does I am always caught off guard. And, like most things... it usually gets me thinking. Man, I think a lot. Are you all sick of hearing my thoughts yet? Because that's basically what this blog has become. I'm sorry, I should be more entertaining. Hold on, would you like to see me dance? I can dance and sing at the same time if you want... I'll try to juggle some oranges while I'm at it.
....
......
........
................
........
.....
....

Oh goodness, I have to stop now, the oranges are all over the kitchen and my roommates look annoyed.
Well anyway, back to me having thoughts. The thought that usually follows the first (see above) is, "That never would have happened if I hadn't...(fill in the blank)" It just really reinforces my thoughts about things happening for a reason. It's really the little choices that we make during the day - or night - that change the course of our lives. We could be headed in one direction, very firmly, and then one day as we are riding the bus home, we think to ourselves, "hold on, I don't think I want to be an interior designer. I should be a teacher." Ok, that's a pretty big decision, but I'm sure you understand what I mean. And if you don't, you should stop reading. But really, I mean, If I hadn't decided to go to Nauvoo this summer, I might not be such good friends with the people I am right now. If I hadn't written a certain blog post, my Mongolian neighbor wouldn't have wanted to talk to me and eat all of my cupcakes. And he's really right you know? I am the fisherman, and I need to make the right choice of fish that I catch out of the water! And by all means, I should sing him an Alicia Keyes song.

So there you have it, the moral of the story is: Never sit on a cactus.

p.s. I still believe in Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...