Sunday, May 15, 2011

the whole world stops and stares for a while

Ok, seriously all night the song "Perfect" by Pink has been playing in my head. 

Pretty pretty please!!! Don't you ever ever feel!!!!

Thank you, Pink, I am so glad that I am perfect to you. Which leads me to giving thanks to another artist who boosts my self esteem every time I hear his song. "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars. I just could not feel better about myself than after I hear that song. Thank you for noticing the way my hair falls perfectly without me trying! I do try... really hard, actually. But Bruno, you're a sweetheart.

And yes, I'm sure that song is about me. 

But if you aren't sure that song is about me, just head over to B.O.B's song "Nothin' On You". Which I am 100% sure it is about me. And you! All of you girls out there! Beautiful girls all over the world! We are all so beautiful!

just some beautiful girls... a.k.a. me, abi, and olivia = sister love.

And while it may seem that this post is written in a sarcastic, rolling-of-the-eyes manner (just a little bit)... I actually do have a serious thought about these songs. And it relates to something my little sister Abi said after she got back from EFY last summer. 

On the EFY soundtrack, there was a beautiful song, just for the young women. It's called I Am His Daughter, and the first lines are:

"The photos in the magazines, 
don't dictate who I'm supposed to be, 
the world can't recognize, all that I am inside, 
but I know in His eyes, I am a part of the bigger picture."

It's a really beautiful song about the worth we all have as women. And when my sister got home from EFY, she was telling us all about the great experience she had, and suddenly she broke down crying when talking about this song, and said, "It's just so sad that girls have to be reminded so much about this stuff."

And it hit me that it is sad. "It's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see..."

How do we fix this?

p.s. and don't forget Selena Gomez "Who Says". Who says you're not beautiful?

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...