Monday, May 16, 2011

too aware of the pending


Yes, I'm giving you an excerpt from one of my letters to Jenna again. Sorry... creative juices are just not flowing lately.

Dearest Jenna Colvin Loveliest Lady In The Land,


In the beginning I thought I would end up writing you my blog posts (which sometimes I do). But now I am tempted to copy and paste your letters into my blog (which I have done once).

I think perhaps I was always writing my blog just for you. I stare at my blog in a haze of confusion, not knowing what to write. And then I open this document, and the words come pouring out. I hope you are saving my letters to you, because I have a feeling I will like to read them in 17 months…

17 months. What will happen to me in 17 months? I know all the things that I would like to happen. But my mind creates a wall and pushes those dreams behind it. Focusing on right now is easier, better than dwelling on wishes of things to come. And I can’t decide if that’s wrong. Should I put energy into wishing? Or should I be happy where I am, and live the journey? The happy medium is probably goal setting, right? I can be happy and live my life right now, all the while working toward goals. Where I want to be in 17 months. Such a long list of goals…

And yet, fear of disappointment builds the wall again.

p.s. i had a free personal trainer consultation at my gym today. she told me i should train to run a marathon. i felt so weak.

2 comments:

  1. she probably likes reading your letters a lot more than mine. i want to hear about your personal training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. Also, you run that marathon! You can do THAT before 17 months is up :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...