Thursday, July 28, 2011

every one of us

photo by Abi. it's a picture of me.
So many songs are always playing in my head...
          Maybe that's what being an EFY counselor does to you?
                        It certainly makes me dance whenever I hear music.
                                     And consider everything as a serious teaching moment.
What can I do?
Sometimes EFY is really hard for me.
I look around and see all of these amazing people that I work with, and I can't help but think "Why can't I be as good as them?"
They are so much better.
And on goes the battle in my soul.
One side telling me I can't measure up to some people. Just not as talented. Not as nice. Not as smart. Not as beautiful. Not as spiritual. Not as helpful. Not as funny.
And the other side yelling, kicking, screaming at me.
Telling me I have all the potential in the world.
If I would just put in the effort. 
But where, oh where, do I start?

p.s. i wore a long skirt today. and i loved it.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya sista.
    Cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all kind of feel that way. All 53 of us.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...