Thursday, December 1, 2011

my thoughts on magic, and things that matter

and i take pictures while i walk up the hill.

Well... I'm certainly in an introspective mood this week, I would say. 
Today, I was walking up the hill on my way to my two hour class, and the wind was blowing me all over the place. Literally. I was flying from one side of the street to the other. People were staring.
That's because there was magic in the air.
All right, part of the above was a complete lie. But I am serious about the magic. Every now and then, when I'm in the great outdoors, and especially while the wind is blowing, I get this rushing feeling that life is so so good. That life is full of magic. Complete magic.
I saw it in the leaves being pushed behind me, struggling to keep up. I saw it in the grey clouds, ushering in winter. I saw it when a boy and girl were separating at the cross walk, but the boy decided he didn't want to say good-bye and crossed with her to the other side of the street.
I can hardly control my heart when I witness these things. And my smile. Oh my smile. 
It just reminds me. 
That no matter what happens in life - and boy, do things happen - everything matters.
You matter, I matter, those dumb classes matter, the snow matters, smiling at strangers matters, singing Christmas carols to yourself along your way matters...
It's so important that we realize this.
That no matter what happens, we understand how great we are. How much we're worth. That even though the world is full of heavy things that weigh us down, and we may feel so small, and so insignificant, that's wrong. We're strong, we're beautiful, we're loved. We are so loved. 
Oh my rushing heart, 
it tells me that there is indeed magic in the world.
That I'm part of it.
That I am.
Magic, that is.
And it matters.

p.s. congratulations to beautiful Haley Loveland! California will want to keep you forever!
p.p.s. I know you don't read this, but Happy Birthday Matt!
p.p.p.s. hi.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Haley!!! California is awesome. Ps. I called it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline: hi.
    Jaron: Yeah you did!! You win a pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...