Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 was quite a nice time of life.







sorry, picture AND word overload. but it's the last post of the year. so... deal with it.

Yesterday, I spent a good amount of time reading through old posts from this year. It was fascinating to watch myself progress through different times of life, and even to watch as my blog changed. The way I wrote, the things I wrote about. There is a lot that I really liked from way back when about my blog. I spent a lot of time actually writing, and less time worrying about pictures, and whether or not I could be half as cool as Sydney from the Daybook.
(i have given up that dream, she is far too cool.)
The important thing to see in all those posts though, is the growth I gained as a person.
All the lessons I learned have hopefully brought me to the place I am supposed to be, as this year of 2011 comes to a close.
Perhaps I'll share some with you.

Lesson #1
I learned that I need to trust myself. 
Especially when it comes to relationships, the feelings that I have are legitimate. That if I'm feeling uneasy, or worried, or anxious, it's for a reason, and I'm not just being "dramatic" or "crazy". I have an amazing intuition, and I need to be very aware of it, and trust it all the time.

Lesson #2
I learned that I can be a leader.
All my life I've had the notion that I was born a follower. I was born to be someone who supported other people when they needed to get things done, or take care of things. I was never the decision maker. I was always the one in the background. But this year, I've had a lot of opportunities to step up to the plate. And I've learned that taking those opportunities is one of my talents. An unexpected, sometimes stressful talent, but one that I've learned to love.

Lesson #3
I learned the value of a true friend.
For as long as I can remember, I've been the girl with a lot of friends, but not a lot of close friends. For some reason this past year, I have been blessed with some very tight knit groups of friends who lift me up and inspire me all the time. You each know who you are. I would mention you by name, but I'm sure you're aware of the fact that people on the internet steal identities all the time. I cannot express my love for my friends adequately enough, so I'll leave it at this: This year would mean absolutely NOTHING to me without you. (cue Usher's song here.)

Happy New Year, everyone. Let's make 2012 a year to remember! (and not because of the end of the world)

p.s. today i didn't wear a jacket. it's DECEMBER. in UTAH. so strange.

2 comments:

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...