Friday, February 24, 2012

i thought this would happen

missing this place right now. for sure.

I'm just trying out using different titles for expectations vs. reality. Last night I thought to myself, maybe I won't do it this week? And then I thought, Madeline, I really think you should stick with it at least three weeks in a row before you start taking breaks. Think I should take a break? Think I should do this every day? Think I should do this only once a week? Think I should do this once a month? Let me know. There's a handy dandy comment box that you are more than welcome to use, at your leisure.

Expectation: I was pretty sure Ben would fall even more in love with that weirdo Courtney girl on the Bachelor.

Reality: He did. And sent Kacie B. home! What. a. jerk. Fine. He can marry Courtney. They deserve each other.

Expectation: I was almost certain that it would take me just one sitting to polish off my bag of Cadbury Mini-Eggs.

Reality: It took quite a few days actually! So proud of myself right now. In fact I think I still have a few left.

Expectation: I expected my massage to make my neck pain go right away and never come back.

Reality: It helped a lot, but my neck is still pretty sore! How did this even happen? That's what I want to know.

Expectation: I thought I could make it through this week ignoring my impending trip to Hawaii as usual.

Reality: I couldn't help but think about it. A few times. Every day. In two weeks... I will be there. Right now I'll be on the beach. I'm so excited I feel like throwing up. Must. Concentrate. On. School.

Expectation: I felt like I would probably die from the homework load my teachers have thrust upon me as of late. It's seriously so much. I have lesson plans coming out of my ears. I think I dream about them. I have started seeing lesson opportunities wherever I go.

Reality: I did not die. It wasn't as bad as it seemed. And I now feel like I could possibly be a real teacher.

Expectation: I expected that people would listen to the podcast on dating that I have been actually pretty excited about for the past couple weeks. I thought they would listen to it because they like dating. Talking about dating is a fun think for people. Listening to other people's dating stories is something that everyone gets a weird enjoyment out of.

Reality: I have heard nothing but good things about it so far (except the fact that everyone thinks Cody is a shallow jerkfaced kid...but that just adds to the charm, right? ha ha) and I am so happy that people can't wait for the next one! Who would have thought... a podcast? But pretty cool so far.

p.s. this weekend we're talking rejection stories. Either you rejecting someone, or you being rejected. Feel free to contact me if you have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that you are going to Hawaii in two weeks! I did a semester there during my undergrad and I have been just dying to get back ever since. I can't wait for you to post the pictures.

    And as far as Courtney and Ben go, I have the same feelings of disgust when I think that she has gotten as far as she had. I just have to keep remembering though, that I thing Ben is the msot boring bachelor ever so why woudl I even care if he gets the coolest girl there? I don't. Courtney would be a good match for him and we all know she'll dump him after a couple of months anyway. Can't wait for Emily Maynard to be the bachelorette- now that's going to be some good TV!

    love your blog! you are such a sweetheart!

    bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...