Wednesday, April 25, 2012

advice is worth the price you pay



Yesterday I was talking to a good friend on the phone. He's having a hard time with some things, and just needed to talk. So, I listened. Because that's what you should do when people talk, didn't you know that? Try it sometime. Anyway, I also gave advice. I told him that things would get better. I told him to have faith and to trust in the future working out in ultimate happiness. I hoped that he listened. I hoped so hard that he would listen and work on being happy. And then I just started thinking. How many times have I given advice that I KNOW is true, KNOW it with all my heart, and I also know that I'm not doing what I'm saying? 

When I look at my life, I see a lot of good. I also see a LOT of room for improvement. So many ways that I can be a better version of myself. And a lot of my life is reminding people how to become better versions of themselves. But my problem is that I don't take my own advice. I see the room, I know it's there, I know there are cobwebs in the corners. And I'm lazy. I don't get going. I don't start dusting and sweeping and vacuuming all the things that don't need to be there. I just let them stay there, and hope others don't do the same. 

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to take my own advice, and I'm going to become the best version of myself I can imagine. And then everything will get better than it already is, and my future will be bright and beautiful, and full of happiness. 

No more talking and not acting. That's just silly.

p.s. picture this. me, and four other beautiful girls in a stunning town home for a low low price.... sounds just about perfect, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...