Monday, April 16, 2012

friends, lovers, or nothing

they were friends, and in love. just sayin.
Happy Monday everyone! Last night I was listening to the podcast that my friend Cody and I have started. (haven't listened to it? It's mildly entertaining. But please, don't just sit on the couch and listen like you're watching a movie only without the pictures. Then it's super boring and time consuming, you need to listen to it at work, or while you're doing something else, like you're listening to the radio!) I wasn't on it this week, because I chose to do other things. But never fear, I'll be there next time. It was annoying to listen to though, because I kept wanting to argue with Cody. Which is kind of my job, and why he lets me do this with him. 

One thing in particular that he said was that you should never be friends with a girl if you want to date her. This was particularly annoying to me. (I hope you're reading this, Cody). The boys that I have dated, no matter for how long, matter to me in degrees. The boys I miss the most are the ones I was friends with. The boys I miss the least, were the ones I had a strictly dating relationship with. I like boys the most if I can be myself around them. If I can be goofy, weird ole awkward me, and know that they still like me, because we're friends first. 

I dated a boy I could talk to for hours. Hours and hours and not do anything else. We talked until 4 a.m. one time. And honestly, no matter how that relationship ended, I compare other boys to that. I don't compare them to HIM. I compare them to the friendship. And I don't know if that's ok or not, but I know that's what I want. I want to talk to the boy I love for hours and hours and hours and never get bored. I want to be friends. Because to me, I think friends create a sturdier foundation, something to base things off of. So, I think you can be friends and date. That's all.

Look at me go... two dating posts in under a week! Some kind of record. What do you all think? Should you be friends with the people you date? 

p.s. i finished friday night lights yesterday. and i am so sad.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs Madeline. They are nice to read every so often. Keeps me mind entertained during school. Keep on blogging. And yes, I think you should be friends with the people you date.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...