Monday, April 2, 2012

ohana (yes, i now speak hawaiian)

you may have seen this picture on pinterest. or even on a 50 best family pictures blog. that's right, we're famous. it's all thanks to our photographer, ashlee raubach. whom i love.

I love conference weekend. 
And this weekend was especially great. 
I think it was because on Sunday it was kind of rainy and gray outside, and my family was all curled up in blankets listening to the sweet messages.
And then Abi brought up the fact that she has noticed other families watch us. And that she was asked to come into another Sunday School class with our sister Olivia and talk about things our family does that keep us close together. She talked about being surprised that this happened.
But I've noticed it lately. The fact that our family is really close.
And I love it. I love it love it love it.
That we're all best friends.
And we still have those stupid arguments, and get annoyed with each other, and can't BELIEVE we have to be together forever.
But when it comes down to it, we get it.
We know that the only thing we really have in this life is each other.
And I think that's what people are looking at. That's what they see... this family who is invisibly connected, no matter if they seem angry with each other, or sad, or annoyed, the bonds between us are noticed.
And if you ask me, that's a pretty amazing thing.

p.s. happy birthday to my hilarious brother. the big 14! woo! you don't even read this! but i love youuuuuu!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...