Wednesday, April 18, 2012

so, that was fast

via
You know when you make plans? And you're excited for them to work out. And you have all these hopes about how it will be, and you get excited for the changes and for this new life your plans will bring you?
and then your plans get
CRUSHED TO SMITHEREENS?
And maybe this catches you completely off guard, and you have a hard time thinking about it all, and tears come into your eyes. Because you have to understand that your plans were for nothing and it's not going to happen, and now you have to start making plans all over again?
Well, that happened to me.
You know. I had this grand plan to leave the city of Logan far behind me as far as school goes in a few weeks. I planned on laughing my little face off and waving sayonara to that home of the past four years.
Putting it all behind me to start a new life in a new (ok, not really new) place that I called home for the majority of my life. 
So I registered for student teaching in the lovely Davis County School District. And the lady in charge emailed me quickly to explain that actually, I was signed up to work in Logan.
NO. NOT LOGAN. NOT THIS PLACE THAT I WAS PREPARED TO BID FAREWELL IN TWO WEEKS. I WAS PREPARING MYSELF! I HAD ALREADY STARTED TO FEEL THE LOSS!
(these were the thoughts in my head)
And then. Stupid. Unnecessary. And very true thoughts started entering my head. Little thoughts like, "but now that will work out" "but now maybe you have a chance to do that" "but now you'll be there when this happens"...
And I figuratively dropped to my knees in defeat. Head down. Acceptance that this, this unexpected turn of events, was exactly what needed to happen. 

I'm not through with you yet, Logan. We both thought it was over. But apparently, our relationship has a few more things it needs to cover.

p.s. shoot! where am i going to live?!

1 comment:

  1. i will say this again. we have the same life (almost). i have friend in logan so next time i come up can we do a blogger-date?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...