Monday, July 16, 2012

my thoughts on being an example... a good one.


via
It is not lost on me, that my experience with the youth every summer can be very influential. That is one thing that I have learned in the past years. That everything I do here, and everything I do in everyday life is being watched. Not in a creepy way, just in the way that people notice my actions and take note. This is true of each one of us. I just have the unique opportunity of influencing a concentrated group of young people, one week at a time.

This could seem at times, to be quite the burden. I need to pay close attention to everything I say and do, not only in person, but on the internet. On my blogs, my facebook, my podcast, my emails... everything is painting a picture of the person I am, and it's so important to understand what I represent, and what I would like to represent. Who do I want to be known as? I look around at the youth in front of me, and realize that the person I am, could be the person that they want to become in the future. I want the best for them, so I want to be the best version of myself.

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I realize that what I am truly representing is Jesus Christ himself. Now that, my friends, is quite the thing to think about. If everything I do or say is Christlike, then I am doing my job. That means every day I need to be kinder, more patient, more loving, more helpful, more charitable... and that is kind of a huge deal! But, I'm up to the challenge. I know that the Savior is kind, patient, loving, helpful, and charitable toward me. He is my perfect example. And because of that, he's giving me time to work on being more like Him. And as long as I am trying my hardest to set a good example in my every day life, things are good.

Other people are always watching us, but Christ is always watching over us.

How's that for some spiritual talk on the blog, eh? Guess that's what EFY does to a girl... hope you're all having wonderful weeks!

p.s. check out the dating blog! Got some new stuff up in there, ya know, flirting 101 and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...