Monday, August 20, 2012

shaking with excitement... or fear. either one.

westminster abbey!

buckingham palace!

the river thames and the london eye!

the tower of london!

platform 9 3/4!

the crown jewels! 530 carat diamonds!

the olympics were happening somewhere close by!

the train station seemed confusing at first, but was actually very self-explanatory!

the london eye! artistic style!

Oh, hello there everyone! So, remember how I didn't blog at all last week? Yeah. That was weird. In my defense, I didn't have internet Monday through Wednesday. And on Thursday and Friday, I just got tired. Jet lag, you know?

These are all pictures from London. I have more, but this seemed extensive enough. London was amazing. I know, that's what everyone says, but it really was! And we were so lucky, because the city was practically empty. So many people were either at the Olympics, or avoiding the Olympics that hardly anyone was anywhere! We had the city at our mercy, and it was delightful. I could have spent a whole two weeks exploring London though, and we had only a day, which was a little disappointing! The main point is that I got to go to Platform 9 3/4, which is a childhood dream realized. I was nearly shaking with excitement. But not really shaking with excitement, because I do have some control over myself.

Speaking of shaking, and this has hardly anything to do with London, but did in fact happen on the same day. We were in bed, sleeping that night. Me, on the air mattress on the floor, and my sisters on the bed. I was sleeping peacefully, when suddenly I was awoken by one of my sisters screaming. She screamed and screamed, and I started screaming, and my other sister started screaming, and I tell you, it was like I was in H-E-double hockey sticks. I have never been that scared in my whole life! It was pitch black, and we were all screaming, and my sisters flew off the bed, and I had no idea what was happening. Finally I gathered myself enough to yell, "What's happening?!" And my sister said, "There is a spider!" At which point I knew, she was dreaming. So I told her there wasn't a spider (which she didn't believe) and my mom came in and threw the light on. Even though I knew it was a dream, I was so traumatized by the events that had taken place, that I burst into tears, and started shaking. Needless to say, I got in bed with my sisters, and we watched Miranda videos until we were calm enough to fall asleep again. a.k.a. three hours later.

Good times.

p.s. moving to Logan this week to start my internship! woo!

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure! The screaming would have been the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...