Tuesday, April 23, 2013

things to worry about

he always takes care of me!

This morning I woke up with a stomachache. Just a plain ole, stressed out, overwhelmed pain in my abdomen. It followed me to school, and rolled around while I tried to decipher just what in the world was going on. Nothing should be wrong with me. I'm getting married in like, 10 days, and I just got the keys to my adorably old cozy cottage house. But then I remembered that graduation packet sitting under my bed. And the math homework waiting for me to complete. And the final that's coming up a lot quicker than I could imagine. And those last minute wedding plans that need to be taken care of. And let's not forget that I am currently unemployed for the future year...

Oh, that unemployment card started traveling all over. Sneaking stress into my eyes and ears. I left for lunch and called a school district to see if they had got my application, and I texted Alex all about my fears. And you know Alex. (well I guess you don't?) He said of-course-it-would-all-work-out-and-not-to-worry-because-i'm-the-best-and-just-say-a-prayer.

oh, that boy.

So I went about my day. And at the end of it all, I gave a fantastic lesson to the fourth grade, with the principal watching - for whatever reason. After which, at the end of it all, that Mr. Principal marched right up to me and told me that I had done a really great job. He said that I did a job so great, he was going to hire me!

What?

What? I asked him. Are you serious?

And you know what? He was.

So this is me, signing off as the newest fourth grade teacher at my elementary school. stomachache, gone.

p.s. I also am finishing the graduation packet, just fyi.

3 comments:

  1. yay!!!! congratulations!!!! isn't that the best, when you just find out you're exactly where you're supposed to be? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! That's AWESOME!!! Congratulations! I am sure you are very relieved now :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...