Tuesday, June 11, 2013

lazy days


we drove to bear lake for our 1 month anniversary! burgers and shakes all the way. 
We had a whole list of things to do today. I mean a nice big list.
When we woke up this morning, Alex said, "Let's have a lazy day today, before I go to work, ok?"
And I said, "but what about...?"
And he said, "tomorrow. we'll do it tomorrow."
At first it shocked my ready-to-go-let's-get-it-all-done-with system. But a few moments slid by, and I relaxed.
You know, there's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned lazy day. Sometimes life gets so hectic, and you're bursting at the seams with all the things you have to do. I have to get those dishes done, I have to vacuum the front room, I have to go to the grocery store, I have to read those books, I have to set up a classroom, I have to make dinner, I have to be a good wife! But you know, those dishes will be fine in the sink. The vacuum will still be there later. You can survive on the food you already have. You have the rest of the summer to read and set up your classroom. Alex will probably make dinner. And he thinks you're a good wife all the time... so?
Lazy day it is.
So I'm not upset in the least that I finished my book this morning, and then cuddled with my handsome husband for the rest of the afternoon watching Friday Night Lights.

I mean, those Lions HAVE to beat the Panthers. We will not rest until they do. (No matter how much we want to.)

p.s. i'm heading to washington on friday!so get ready for some beautiful beach pictures and way too much family fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...