Monday, July 8, 2013

i'm blogging from home!

That's right people, I finally got internet! For your information, I got comcast. I know, I know, I have heard all the horror stories. But I have always used comcast, and it has always worked great for me, so I was like, WHATEVER! And they were having a deal. Anyway, after just a few long phone calls with people who don't quite know what they are talking about, Alex and I figured out the issues on our own and completed the installation. I guess it takes two brains to figure out comcast internet, so maybe that's why people have so many problems? they try to do it on their own? find a buddy, people! (well, alex did most of the work, but i was there for moral support.)

Anyway, I just got home from a fabulous girls weekend to St. George, Utah! It all happened because on Christmas last year, we all got tickets to see Les Miserables at the capitol theater in Salt Lake. We were thrilled! And then I got engaged and my sister decided to go on a mission, and family life became a little hectic... so much so that on July 1 at around 6:30 at night my mom texted me and said, "we're supposed to be at Les Mis at 7 tonight!" Needless to say, we were all pretty bummed out. So, my mom planned a girls trip to St. George to see some shows at Tuacahn! And let me tell you, they were pretty darn awesome.


^^^First, like any self respecting people, we had to stop at the Scipio gas station/petting zoo on our way to St. George. I mean, you HAVE to stop there. If you haven't before, get on that. It gets better every time. This time I actually held a baby lamb. It was probably one of the top ten moments of my life.





^^^After we checked into our hotel, we went to the first place we were recommended to go. TwentyFive on Main. They had the most delicious cupcakes, sandwiches and salads, and the place was decorated so cute! It was definitely a worthwhile trip. 

That night we went to Mary Poppins at Tuacahn. I don't have any good pictures of us there, and you can't take pictures of the show or anything, so you'll just have to take my word for it! We had second row tickets, which meant that our chairs came with seat cushions, and we were right up in the action! At the beginning of the show, they announced that afterword, they would be doing a firework show for all of us, so we should remain seated! It was so great, the fireworks were brilliant. We got home around midnight, and fell into bed exhausted! 

^^^ On Saturday we decided to explore a little more St. George, and visit Swig, which everyone and their dog is instagramming, facebooking, and twittering about. It was worth the hype! We got there around 1, and there was a line about 10 cars long! Each of us ordered a smoothie and a sugar cookie. The sugar cookies were seriously to die for.  I could eat one of those a day and be happy for the rest of my life!


 ^^^ That night we went to TWO shows at Tuacahn. We saw Mulan in their indoor theater. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from that one... at least not compared to Mary Poppins, but I was pleasantly surprised! The show was really well done, and the sets were amazing. Then almost by accident we fell into three more tickets for the preview show of Thoroughly Modern Millie which was up next in the Amphitheater! We were actually in pretty good seats. The preview show means that they haven't technically opened the show yet, so the sets weren't completely done and some things might not go according to plan. But you know what? It was the best show we saw all weekend! It was hilarious and fast paced and the actors were spot on with their performances. If you go down to Tuacahn at all in the next few months, you should definitely see Thoroughly Modern Millie.



^^^ On our way home, we decided to stop by Olivia's school that she'll be attending in the fall. It was a cute little town, and I'm really excited for her to go to college! It's such an exciting time in life. Then we stopped at the Manti temple. It was such a peaceful and beautiful place. Next time, I hope to go inside!

Alright, that was my fantastic vacation. Now I should go pay attention to my husband, or he'll start rethinking this whole internet thing... ha ha

p.s. hopefully i'll start setting up my classroom this week! scary!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...