Wednesday, August 14, 2013

a little update on a little bit of life

So, here's what happened.

I had to go back to school.

Because school districts like to be super informational for their new teachers. I've just been in meetings every day this week from 8:00a.m. until 3:30 p.m.! It's quite hard on my summer sleep schedule. Suddenly I can't go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 10. I have to get READY? for SCHOOL? It's strange. I can't believe that I'm actually going to be a teacher in a week. Like literally, next week at this time I'll be hyperventilating into a bag (or Alex's shirt) and not sleeping a wink! (School starts on a Thursday, which is kind of like, why? but also fine because you get two days of craziness and then you can cry about it for a weekend.)

It's been a long time since I've had to be super social. Sure, I have hung out with friends a couple times this summer, and I've got Alex, and church on Sunday's. But my social life hasn't been in practice for a while. You know how I can tell? Well, on Tuesday, I showed up at the school at 8:00 in the morning, and was immediately over stimulated with people. So I went into the other room to get fruit and bread for breakfast, and when I was pouring myself a cup of water, I accidentally dropped my cup and water and ice spilled everywhere! I was in shock! And while I was in shock, the water dispenser was still letting water run freely over the floor! So I nervously giggled and tried to say something witty that would keep everyone still liking me even though I dumped all the water, and I threw napkins down and wiped it up as quickly as possible. All while everyone stepped around me, clicking their tongues...

Then at lunch, I somehow threw chips all over the floor.

Well anyway, I'm learning a lot about being a teacher. Mostly I'm learning that for all the requirements we have, we definitely don't get paid enough. As if that was a question before...

I'm just saying. I sure hope kids like a spazzy teacher, because that's what they're getting. But you know what? If we have food ever, I'll just have them handle it.

And now here are some pictures of me and my sister at her voice recital... just cuz.



that's my brother. what a hunk, huh? careful girls, he's only 15!

p.s. welcome all you new friends!! I've read your blogs and I love them. Keep it coming! I love responding to comments, and giving comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...