Thursday, September 26, 2013

What it's like to be married to madeline. That's me!

I think I'm done with blogtember. The last few topics just aren't very "me" and I would like to stay "me" in this space, if you all don't mind. I mean, it's all well and good to try new things now and then, but the point of trying new things is to reasonably be able to say if you don't like them. Right?


Anyway, so, marriage. I know what it's like to be married to Alex. It's all fun and games. Seriously. I mean, that kid is a walking game board. Ok, not like that, really. But kind of. I come home from school and he hides in the closet to surprise me. He wakes up early and makes me breakfast and lunch. And then I come home and he makes me snacks. He accepts the fact that I am allowed to tickle him, and he should not tickle me if he wants to live. He scrubs the dishes even when he doesn't want to. He fixes my car, fixes my house, fixes my whole life. He lets me babble on and on about things, and even remembers a few facts so that he can seem engaged in the one-sided conversation. He has learned that when I burst into tears randomly, all I really need is to cradle his head in my arms to feel better. He's a star.

But what is it like being married to ME? I wonder?

I asked Alex the Great to give me the down-low on the whole married-to-madeline deal, and this is what he gave me (with notes every now and then by yours truly in italics):

1. Surprising! But seriously, every day there is something new that she is doing. Sometimes it's crazy, sometimes it's weird, sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's emotional... but always keeping me guessing! (It's nice to know I am somewhat a mystery. That has always been my goal in life. Keep people on their toes, Madeline. Keep them on their toes!!!)

2. Not Surprising. There are some things that happen and you just think, yep, that's Madeline. Like at dinner, when she drops food, and either licks it off her shirt, or eats it off the floor. (This is not as bad as it sounds. Except... it actually is. umm... 20 second rule?)

3. Chaotic. It seems like sometimes our schedules don't line up. We still want to be with each other, so we're always having to take two cars here or there. We're such snobs for even having two cars.

4. Easy. It just seems like sometimes we watch other couples, or hear stories that they tell us about their first fight or whatever happening, and we often look at each other and think, "we don't have that problem!" or "aren't you glad that we don't have to deal with that??" We just fit. Like two turbines in a reheat Brayton power cycle. (Whatever THAT means. Nerd Alert.)

5. Hugs and Kisses. This girl is never satisfied, and sets an impossible quota to reach! (I seriously doubt that. I just need a kiss or a hug about every 3 hours. Or 30 minutes. Or 3 minutes. Or seconds. Or whatever. I'm in love ok?)

So there you have it. This is what us being married is like. Welcome to our lives!

p.s. why does it always feel like thursday should be friday?

1 comment:

  1. Love this! And you are totally right. How come Thursday always feels like Friday?

    New follower by the way! Found you over at Love the Skinnys.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...