Monday, October 14, 2013

the long way home

This weekend, Alex and I decided to make the journey home. I had a deep need to go to a wedding reception of one of my oldest friends. You know, one of those needs where you don't even think about not going? It was one of those. Alex jumped on the bandwagon, so we got in our fancy gear, and headed down south! 

All summer we heard people chatting about this "World's Best Corndog" stand that happened to grace Main Street in Kaysville. We've been expecting it to disappear since the weather is getting colder. But lo and behold, as we drove down the street, we saw it standing there in all it's battered glory! Alex whipped the car around, and without much talk about if it was the right thing to do, we parked and ran to the stand. These corndogs were huge.

one footers. slathered in sauces. and it came with a "sodee pop"! 

My tight dress was begging me please no... but the rest of me was like, get that corndog inside you right this moment, and what can I say, I have a weakness for a good corndog. It was taken care of in a matter of minutes.

So now is where I tell you, it was indeed, the world's best corndog. Are you grossed out by me yet?

^^^ I am a firm believer in all things A&W.^^^
^^^ One foot of corn-doggy masterpiece. Alex said he could have eaten another one!!???!?!?^^^
^^^ And then we saw the best family pictures ever taken, so I snagged one of my own, of course.^^^


And oh yeah! The wedding reception was pretty good too, I guess.
 ^^^ He's mine. ^^^
 ^^^ But sometimes he doesn't let me take mushy pictures with him! The nerve! ^^^
 ^^^ Sad face worked miracles. As usual. ^^^
 ^^^ Ah, young love.^^^

p.s. this week is parent teacher conferences... so. that will be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Andrew never wants to take mushy photos with me either, but every once in a while I get my way!
    Good luck with conferences. They can be SO nerve-wracking!

    Sue // Chevron & Lace


    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...