Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Husband, the Scientist

Sunday Outfit Posted on a Tuesday: Jacket: Nordstrom  shirt: Nordstrom Rack  Necklace: From my mom  Skirt: Anthropologie  tights: Don't know  Booties: Mod Cloth forever ago

So, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, with blogging, and teaching, and wife-ing, and all that good stuff. I was surprised at what an adjustment it was for me to get used to Alex having school and homework again! I seriously took him for granted over Christmas Break.

Let me just brag about him for a post, will ya?

The kid gets seriously good grades. He works his behind off every single day. Last semester was a pretty intense one in a lot of ways, but he still managed to stay ahead of the game! I'm talking, proving professors wrong on their assignments, holding the group projects together, volunteering for research for a professor... All sorts of good stuff. He actually only has 9 credits this semester (he's graduating in May!!!!) but he's choosing to teach himself C++ which is a coding class that I don't know anything about on the side!

Annnnddddd he still takes amazing care of me. He makes my lunches, brings me snacks, cuddles me, takes out the garbage, puts the groceries away, folds the laundry... you name it, he's done it! He's so unselfish, and I'm the luckiest girl alive. Literally I almost started crying last night when I thought about how great he is.

He's also hilarious.

Like, Sunday night I was bored out of my mind while he was doing homework, so I went upstairs to tell him something SUPER important like, "My mom face timed me!!!"

The truth was, she had face timed me because Alex left an HDMI cable at their house and he wanted her to send it up to Logan with my little sister, only the problem is that my mom has no clue what an HDMI cable is. (To tell you the truth, I really only have an inkling what it is, and I now own two!!)

He wouldn't believe me that I had helped my mom find it on the phone. Finally, he looked up at me and said, "Are you bored?" My shoulders slumped and I nodded yes. He knows me so well.

"Well, if you're bored and you're going to be up here talking to me. Want to learn how to code?!?!"

Not that I would never want to learn how to code, I mean, never say never. It just wasn't super appealing last night, and I don't know, maybe it's one of those things you have to be in the mood for? So I said, "Actually I think I need to clean up downstairs and read my book..." Suddenly realizing I had no reason to be bored at all.

"Come on, it will be fun! We can lay on the floor together and I'll show you on the computer!"

"Well, I'm not sure. Would you be teaching me C++?"

"I guess I could. Or I could teach you MatLab." (Don't know if that's how you spell MatLab. Maybe it's Matt Lab. Maybe it's MTLB. I'm sure Alex will tell me later.)

"Which one is... actually I really should go downstairs."

And I went downstairs, cleaned up, and read my book.

Oh, and then Abi came and dropped off the HDMI cable. It was the right one.

 photo madeline-sig_zps3d16e9d1.png

2 comments:

  1. You should learn code so you can be a blog designer...........that would be my only motivation to learn code. Also Mark asked for an HDMI cable the other day and I handed him a headphone cable....so i'm with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "..and wife-ing" faaavorite line.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...