Friday, October 22, 2010

All the things I keep inside.

I don't want to work hard. Sometimes I feel like a whale. I wish I knew how to do my hair. I feel unmotivated. I procrastinated that paper so long I don't know if I'll ever do it. I'm sorry I can't be what you want me to be. Don't expect a second date. I'm only going for the food. You are really annoying me right now. I hate it when you talk badly about other people. I just want to go shopping all day. I care more about sleep than homework. Who cares what so-and-so said to so-and-so? I feel like I don't fit in. I pretend that I'm happy all the time because I think that's what people expect me to be all the time. I didn't feel bad when I said that to you. Thank you for the cute outfit mom! My life is important too. Just because I'm not dating that kid anymore doesn't mean I like you now. I think you are interesting. I realized I forget to be myself. I'm trying to be myself. I feel like playing a prank on you. I'm tired of talking to you. I should write in my journal. I should do my homework. I wish I was the type of person who could sing in front of everyone. If I could have any talent I would be able to dance. I realized it wouldn't work when you left me alone on the dance floor. I'm still sad about that. It doesn't matter, because everything is already looking better, I am happy, I'm not pretending. I'm not afraid, I'm not lazy, I'm not dumb, I'm not untalented, I'm not boring, I'm not a whale, I'm not unhappy, I'm not dreaming. This is life.

p.s. You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you.

6 comments:

  1. Madeline,
    I would just like you to know that I LOVE this post. It's beautiful and funny and witty. Like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post... Everyone has to get everything off their chest every now and then.
    May I copy it?

    I heart you Mad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm... catharsis. I felt so good after writing this all down haha. And then later I felt a little mean... but I actually still love it. Feels good to be honest!

    And Mollie, I am glad too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeline, just found your blog :) You are such a gem. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy! YOU are the gem. Let's be friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...